Collection of Personal Information
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at our physical stores (including our boutiques):
- If you are not a registered user, you will be browsing our Site as a guest. We will not collect or use any personal data from you (except when you choose to place an order with us as a guest) but you may not be able to use all the services and features that we offer to registered users.
- We may ask you to provide personal information when you use our website. The Personal Data that we may ask you to supply includes without limitation salutation, name, telephone number, email address, delivery address and payment account details.
- You can place an order with us as a registered user on our Site. In such case, we will only collect information necessary to fulfil the relevant order (such as your name, contact details and payment/credit card information) If, however, you log in using our social media feature then will we also collect information relating to your interests, circle of friends and followers if you agree to share this information with us to use the features provided.
- You may from time to time provide us with your personal data at our physical stores, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide. For instance, you may be required to provide us with your personal data when you purchase from us or make enquiries at our stores or over the telephone; to provide feedback to us (such as via a survey); or to participate in our promotions and events.
- You can also log into our Site using sign in services that bridge your social media log in information with our Site. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal data with us such as your name and email address, to pre-populate the sign up form for our Site. These services give you the option to post information about your activities on the Site via your profile page to share with others within your personal network.
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores or on our Site, maintaining your shopping cart on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish, and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments).
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below.
- To match your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences. For these purposes, we will use personal data about your gender, age, interests, geographical location, Site usage, shopping behaviour and other personal data.
Other points of note regarding your personal data
Please also note that:
- If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you.
- Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us (c) procure that data held by a third party if you choose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media features.
Collection of anonymous data from you
Separately, we may collect certain other data from you on our Site:
- We automatically collect data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
- We also use functionality that sets a unique identifier to track your use of our Site across multiple devices so that your sessions are reported on our system as a single user rather than as multiple users.
- If you are browsing our Site (whether as a guest or as a registered user), it may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalise your shopping experience and provide you with various services (such as maintaining the content of your shopping cart). Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. It does not allow us to access the rest of your computer or your personal data. Please change your browser’s settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our Site if your browser does not accept cookies.
(a)We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of:
Our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies)
Joint venture partners
Other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, smartphone app push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in –app messaging or postal mail.
(b) Such marketing communications may market or offer products or services (including special events and promotions) in the following categories: Dining, food and beverages, music and other entertainment, accessories, personal health and hygiene, electronics, home furnishings, and housewares, loyalty and reward programs, media services, entertainment services, social networking services, payment services, on-line advertising services, other e-commerce, information and communications and services, concierge services, and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us (for instance, via your participation in our surveys).
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by:
(a) Amending your preferences in accordance with “How to check and update your personal data” section below
(b) Contacting our Customer Service Representative at email@example.com or mailing to: Customer Service Representative, Truly DY Limited, Suite 308, Westlands Centre, 20 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong,
(c) In the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
We place conspicuous notices in MAISON XXII stores to inform customers we prohibit unauthorised photography, sound and/or video recording for commercial use, private gain, use in press or media, or for promotional purposes in our stores. We reserve the right to remove offenders from our premises.
We permit photography, sound and/or video recording where the images/recordings are solely for personal use and are not published or reproduced in print or electronically for commercial use, private gain, use in press or media, or for promotional purposes.
Permitted photography, sound and/or video recording are subject to the following conditions:
(a) No photographs or video and/or sound footage is taken of staff members or other customers without express permission of the staff member or customer;
(b) Flash and tripods are not used without written permission;
(c) Customers refrain from taking photographs, and recording sound and/or video footage and/or leave the premises if;
- They are causing concern to any staff member or a nuisance to other customers;
- Our staff reasonably believe the customer is causing an obstruction or compromising safety or security in any way;
- Our staff reasonably suspect that photography, sound and/or video recording are for commercial use, private gain, use in press or media, or for promotional purposes.
If a customer has queries in relation to the photography policy, he/she may contact the Store Manager.
Security and Protection of your Information
MAISON XXII ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect the personal data that you provide to us by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
To protect your personal data while you are on our Site, we will encrypt any personal data you transmit to us via our Site using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — an industry standard for encryption over the Internet.
If you are a registered user on our Site, you may decide to store your credit card details with us to make your shopping faster and simpler. Once saved, only your last four digits will be displayed, so that you know which credit card you are using. You will need to re-enter your credit card details if you decide to ship an order to a new shipping address. This is to protect your details and to guarantee that your credit card is only used for shipping addresses that you have approved. We will not transfer your credit card details to any third parties except with your prior consent.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from MAISON XXII website. In exceptional circumstances MAISON XXII may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes. MAISON XXII is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy principles.
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties unless your prior express consent is obtained. We may transfer anonymous and aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include your personal data in an anonymous format and which does not allow the third parties to identify you in any way other than on our own Site.
MAISON XXII reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.
Our Contact Details
Customer Service Representative
Truly DY Limited
Suite 308, Westlands Centre
20 Westlands Road